Bunzl plc is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bunzl plc of York House, 45 Seymour Street, London W1H 7JT.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
The cookies used by this website and their purpose are described below. Please be aware that denial of the cookies used by this website may prevent parts of the website from working properly.
First party cookies
First party cookies are set by the website you are visiting and they can only be read by that site. To make full use of the online experience on Bunzl websites, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept these cookies.
Session cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from the user's device when the browser is closed. These are used for example to keep track of your login while using our site. These are strictly necessary to the working of the website, and if they are disabled then various functionalities on the site will not work as expected.
These cookies are saved on your computer for a fixed period (usually a year or longer) and are not deleted when the browser is closed. We use these persistent cookies when we need to know something related to you for more than one browsing session.
These cookies enable the function of our authorised providers (like Google Analytics) to help us gather and analyse non-specific visitor information such as browser usage, new visitor numbers, response to marketing activity and shopping times.
Third party cookies
When you visit any Bunzl website, you may notice some cookies that are not related to Bunzl. If you go on to a web page that contains embedded content, for example from Facebook, Twitter or YouTube, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Most web browsers allow some user control of most cookies through the browser settings.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
There are a number of ways to manage cookies. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. You can search for “cookies” in the “Help” function for information on where to find your cookie folder and the controls to manage them.
If you continue to browse our sites without adjusting your browser settings you are agreeing to our use of the cookies listed above until such time as you adjust your browser.
WHERE WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may collect information about your computer. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bunzl plc or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The pages on this website are published by Investis Limited on behalf of Bunzl plc.