CR PROCESSES AND CONTROLS
Each Business Area is responsible for identifying CR risks associated with its activities and for developing, implementing and maintaining management systems and working practices to improve CR performance, as well as increasing the CR awareness of our employees, suppliers and customers.
In developing processes and controls each Business Area and, as appropriate, Head Office management is expected to:
Business conduct/code of ethics
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the Business Conduct/Code of Ethics by issuing them with a copy with their employment contract or within the employee handbook.
- Provide clearly defined thresholds and limits in relation to corporate expenses including entertainment and hospitality, capital expenditure and supply agreements.
- Operate a gift register.
- Operate an anti-bribery and corruption due diligence process for appointing business partners such as agents, business introducers or other third parties providing services on our behalf.
- Operate an anti-bribery and corruption due diligence process during potential company acquisitions.
- Provide training to relevant employees on bribery.
- Consider rotating relevant employees to a different role after a period of time within position.
Employees, health and safety and environment
- Ensure that activities, products and services are consistent with the appropriate Bunzl Group policies governing each of these areas and reflect the circumstances of their businesses including the needs of their customers.
- Where appropriate implement accredited management systems such as ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Establish objectives and monitor performance by reviewing key performance indicators and other specified data on a monthly basis and submitting to the Group in line with agreed deadlines.
- Ensure that key suppliers are provided with and are made aware of Bunzl’s CR policy.