Bunzl's success is built on the commitment and hard work of its employees. Bunzl operates in a continually evolving environment with fast pace and high expectations of performance to meet business goals. These aims are achieved by:
- appointing the best people to the right jobs;
- creating a decentralised and lean organisation structure which allows employees to take responsibility for the improvement of the business and develop their own skills;
- attracting, motivating, retaining and developing high calibre staff whose reward is linked to individual as well as business performance;
- communicating two ways to ensure an understanding of the business' aims as well as to obtain feedback and ideas from employees for improving the operation of the business; and
- encouraging employees to develop and manage their own careers by providing appropriate job training and, where appropriate, aiming to fill vacancies with existing staff where employees are suitably qualified and experienced.